Thursday, October 16, 2014

Movie News: Mockingjay,Captain America 3, JK Rowling & more.


So if you like my facebook page, you must have seen that I've been sharing Mockingjay part 1 stills and trailers.(It's so easy to share there) I decided it's time to post it on the blog as well. There was new teaser posted yesterday as well. So without further ado here's the new teaser:


The best part of this teaser is that it features the Lorde song that I am ADDICTED to .


In case you missed the first full trailer. Here it is:


My Take:
Catching Fire was amazing and I've been dying to see the next one. But so far not too impressed by the trailers apart from Jennifer (God, she can act!) . I kind of hated Mockingjay the book so I guess I should adjust my expectations. I'm in love with the soundtrack (well more like the song) they've released. Cannot wait to hear more. If you haven't check out the Catching Fire soundtrack, it's amazing!

Now onto the J.K. Rowling film front. The internet has exploded with the news that there's going to be a Harry Potter spin-off trilogy. I think the whole Harry Potter spin-off angle is a LITTLE misleading. It's set in the same universe but it's based on Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I went from 


because I thought it was a HARRY potter spin off, to 
when I saw it was a IN THE SAME universe story. 

I'm sorry but the Harry Potter spin-off tag is a little misleading.

"The trilogy of films will be based on author J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Harry Potter film director David Yates will likewise helm these new pictures. Rowling will pen the scripts for the films, based on her own stories. No word on casting or whether we can expect appearances by any Potter alums. The films will release in 2016, 2018, and 2020."-Forbes.com

I got a little bit more into the idea after I read this article which points out that this story takes place much before the Harry Potter series and that means DUMBLEDORE IS ALIVE!! If you put Dumbledore in the movie Rowling and you can just take my money!


I also have ridiculously exciting Captain America 3 news. 


At first I thought it was just fanfiction but further investigation shows that there's a HUGE possibility that Robert Downey Jr. is going to be in A CAPTAIN AMERICA movie as the antagonist. 
"Robert Downey Jr. is on the verge of signing on to “Captain America 3,” with Tony Stark’s Iron Man set to play a key role in bringing the Civil War storyline from Marvel’s comicbooks to the bigscreen and trigger the start of a new phase of movies from Marvel Studios.
The actor is in final negotiations to play the billionaire in the yet-to-be-titled third installment, that is slated to begin production in the Spring for a May 6, 2016, release, according to sources close to the discussions. Downey suits up as the superhero in next summer’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” as part of a previous deal that also calls for him to reprise the role in “The Avengers 3.”- Variety.com

I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!! I'm a huge RDJ fan and him and Steve were awesome in the Avengers!
Mortal Instruments news: Mortal Instruments is being made into a TV series. 
"“It actually makes sense to do (the novels) as a TV series,” Constantin film and TV head Martin Moszkowicz told THR. “There was so much from the book that we had to leave out of the Mortal Instruments film. In the series we'll be able to go deeper and explore this world in greater detail and depth.” The Mortal Instruments series is part of a broader strategic shift at Constantin that will see the German-based company move into English-language television series. Moszkowicz said Constantin is looking at possible television adaptations of several of its English-language movie properties, including period serial killer drama Perfume: The Story of a Murderer and the Resident Evil sci-fi horror franchise."-Hollywoodreporter.com
Also I'm so excited for the Gone Girl Movie! I want to watch it so BADLY!!! 
If you've seen it already.. WHAT DID YOU THINK?? 
THOUGHTS? COMMENTS? SPECULATIONS? All are welcome! 

6 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for Mockingjay, Gone Girl and Captain America. I saw the last Captain America movie and it was fantastic! I had hoped to read Gone Girl before it released here in India but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll go watch it anyways. Thanks for sharing :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for all of this and even if it isn't exactly a Harry spin off, I will take whatever Rowlings will give us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated the Mockingjay book so hopefully the films are better. Don't understand why there are going to be two films though. Why do my favourite characters always die? :(
    I emitted an ear-piercing shriek when I heard about Capt. America 3! I really hope it's the Capt. vs. Stark. It will be amazing!

    Jess @ A Book Addict's Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, SO MUCH exciting news! I'm definitely excited for Mockingjay, though I have to agree that on the JKR news front the HP movies are a bit misleading. Could still be promising, though. Captain America 3 sounds AMAZING if RDJ is going to sign on as an antagonist--I'm down for that! I do really want to see Gone Girl too since I've heard it's fantastic. Great post--thanks for all the movie news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh gosh! I cannot wait to see Mockingjay! My friend and I are so excited for it that we are counting days! :) Soon very soon. Also I still haven't seen Cap2 but I will get to it, but yeah RDJ in any movie equals awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...