Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries #1)
by Michele Vail
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...
Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper-and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.
Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with. To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly-against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.
Top Five Reasons to Pay Attention During Butt-Kicking Class
1. When you don't hold up your arms to protect your face, your instructor might
box your ears so that you get the point. Or tweak your nose, which is more
annoying, especially since he's laughing at you.
2. If you punch like a sissy, your opponent won't be impressed, and may proceed to
show you a real punch, in which case, you'll go down like you turned into a bowl
of spaghetti noodles.
3. Learning to be a warrior is about mind and soul and magic. The Chosen can
access their necro abilities and use magic for multiple purposes (like when
Clarissa used hers to trip me). Most necros can only use their one ability for its
4. You won't be taught how to use magic until you learn physical skills and
strengthen your mind ... no matter how many times you ask your instructor to
please, pretty please to show you magic, too.
5. You will sweat. You will be bleed. You will ask for mercy, and not get it. Get
stronger. Get meaner. Get reaper.