Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday(17)


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting! This week I am waiting on...
Lie

Everybody knows, nobody’s talking. . . .
Seventeen-year-old Skylar Thompson is being questioned by the police. Her boyfriend, Jimmy, stands accused of brutally assaulting two young El Salvadoran immigrants from a neighboring town, and she’s the prime witness. Skylar is keeping quiet about what she’s seen, but how long can she keep it up? 
But Jimmy was her savior. . . .
When her mother died, he was the only person who made her feel safe, protected from the world. But when she begins to appreciate the enormity of what has happened, especially when Carlos Cortez, one of the victims, steps up to demand justice, she starts to have second thoughts about protecting Jimmy. Jimmy’s accomplice, Sean, is facing his own moral quandary. He’s out on bail and has been offered a plea in exchange for testifying against Jimmy.
The truth must be told. . . .
Sean must decide whether or not to turn on his friend in order to save himself. But most important, both he and Skylar need to figure out why they would follow someone like Jimmy in the first place.
Expected Publication: 30 August 2011

The summary says it all.

What are you waiting on?




18 comments:

  1. I love the cover it looks a bit intense!! Check out my wow!!

    http://paigebradish.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/waiting-on-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo that book sounds really intense! I just heard about it yesterday -- it sounds interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read amazing reviews on this one! Lots of bloggers enjoyed this..I have this on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. This sounds like its going to be one of those books that makes people think. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. Having a giveaway right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intriguing summary I love it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read this one. nice pick.

    new follower.

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh. I don't see your Top Ten list. Maybe I've arrived at the party too early....

    Here's my list, Top Ten Books I Read Because of Another Reader. I'd also invite you to sign up for the contest to win a $25 Amazon giftcard this month at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a really intense good book.
    Here is My WoW for this week. =]
    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a really intense book! I hope I get to read this book one of these days (once I find a copy here) Great pick!

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently added this one to my list as well. Sounds like a great read.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of this one before, but sounds really good. Added to my to-be-read pile.

    Here's ours:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-06.html#comments

    Alice @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I think I'd need something light and fluffy to read after this one, but it definitely sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great! I bet it's intense. Definitely have to check it out!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-14-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    My AWESOME Giveaway (Signed Copy of Across the Universe by BethRevis): http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-giveaway-across-universe-by-beth.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a captivating read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...