Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review:Pushing The Limits


Pushing the Limits

Blurb:

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.  Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Source: Netgalley(Thanks HarlequinTeen!)


Links: Goodreads


Note : NOT recommended for younger teens due to language and mature themes also some sexual content.Some mentions of drug use


My Thoughts:
This review convinced me to pick up this novel.GUYS seriously that review was so good that I cannot resist posting a .GIF from it 



This .GIF is so APT for this novel.I just thought Yarethzia was using it for dramatic effect but after getting halfway through this novel I couldn't stop myself from screaming this too!

This book was so good! I don't read a lot of contemporary novels but this book sucked me in completely and I had to force myself to put it down.I was near tears half the time and yelling "Why them?" to myself through the other half.



Noah 
I just want to give this guy a hug.
Noah was such an awesome guy and so many bad things have happened to him but he's still good inside.I loved this character.He had so much depth and so many layers.I have no WORDS to describe how much I liked this guy.He wasn't a jerk ( BONUS POINTS ) and he was always just there for Echo and his family.

Echo
My main problem with this character is her name.I'm sorry but Echo is such a lame name.Aside from this, I have no problems with her.I want to give her a hug too.She's been through so much too .In my opinion she's been through tougher times than Noah in some instances.I loved her character too.Even if she wasn't talking to a guy ,she still helped him out.She's so strong inside.

All the characters were memorable and this story leaves a very strong impression.It's not a light read but I enjoyed reading this book.I cannot believe this is written by a debut author, it's such a beautiful book. 

MY main complaints  problem with this novel is the amount of profanity used.I don't usually notice the amount of swear words used  but almost every sentence out of Noah's mouth had a profanity and I'm just not used to that.I get why the author used it but it still made me a little uncomfortable.The other problem was something I'm not sure will be there in the finished copy.As the book is told from both Echo's and Noah's point of view the switch was very confusing as there was no clear demarcation that the point of view had been switched. Apart from these two things, I have no complaints with this novel.

This book was amazing.I usually stay away from books with lots of angst and mature themes but this one was SO GOOD.This book gives us hope for a better tomorrow and helps us to realize that things aren't so bad and we should enjoy the little things.The story gripped me and didn't let me go till the end.I WANT MORE but I'm not sure if I want more of Beth (Katie  is writing a book about Beth for those who didn't know)

Overall,fans of contemporary fiction NEED to read this and those who don't read contemporary fiction you should definitely give this one a shot.

My Rating:

4.5/5

Loved!



9 comments:

  1. Great review! :) Thanks!

    http://looksandbookswithbecca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting really excited to read this book - I kind of like the name Echo though, it's not too far out there for me :P , lol - and Noah sounds great!

    Overly cursing might be an issue though. I guess I'll have to read and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Thanks for the mention! (:
    I knew you'd like it! & the switching of POVs confused me a tad too but it was still good (x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at the amount of absolutely glowing reviews that this book is getting. I have not seen one negative review, and that is almost unheard of in the YA genre nowadays. Adding your review to the list of great reviews I have seen, I think I am going to have to go out, bite the bullet and buy this book asap! Thanks for another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Review! Means I should probably get to reading this, like tonight.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol I think I actually kind of like the name Echo. It's different for sure. And I love that cat hug!! :D I'm reading this one tomorrow and super excited to start it I haven't seen a bad review on it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The synopsis does not attract me that much. I've seen a mixed review But as to your review, i think I should give it a go. I should check that Noah, of how awesome he is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read! I have a copy and just can't wait to tuck into it!! Lovely review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for another fantastic review! This book sounds fantastic and i was quite excited by your enthusiasm for it which now makes me want to go out and buy it. I am definately adding this to my to-read list and shall take a look on amazon, for it is something that i would probably have overlooked had i not read the above. Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...