Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting! This week I am waiting on....

Size 12 and Ready to Rock (Heather Wells #4)
by Meg Cabot 
Summer break . . . and the livin' ain't easy

Just because the students at New York College have flown the coop doesn't mean assistant residence hall director Heather Wells can relax. Fischer Hall is busier than ever, filled with squealing thirteen- and fourteen-year-old girls attending the first ever Tania Trace Teen Rock Camp, hosted by pop sensation Tania Trace herself--who just happens to be newly married to Heather's ex-boyfriend, heartthrob Jordan Cartwright. But the real headache begins when the producer of a reality TV show starring Tania winds up dead . . . and it's clear that the star was the intended victim.

Grant Cartwright, head of Cartwright Records, wants to keep his daughter-in-law (and his highest-earning performer) alive. So he hires his oldest son, black sheep of the family and private investigator Cooper Cartwright--who just happens to be Heather's "new" fiancE. Heather should leave the detecting to Cooper. But with a dorm full of hysterical mini-divas-in-training, she can't help but get involved. And after Tania shares a really shocking secret with her, "this" reality suddenly becomes more dangerously real than anyone ever anticipated. 

Expected publication: July 10th 2012 
Add to Goodreads

Note:This book is classified as ADULT 
I'm a HUGE Meg Cabot fan .Plus I like reading a book in which the main character isn't the perfect weight.. 

Earth Girl
 2788. Only the handicapped live on Earth. While everyone else portals between worlds, 18-year-old Jarra is among the one in a thousand people born with an immune system that cannot survive on other planets. Sent to Earth at birth to save her life, she has been abandoned by her parents. She can’t travel to other worlds, but she can watch their vids, and she knows all the jokes they make. She’s an ‘ape’, a ‘throwback’, but this is one ape girl who won’t give in.

Jarra invents a fake background for herself – as a normal child of Military parents – and joins a class of norms that is on Earth to excavate the ruins of the old cities. When an ancient skyscraper collapses, burying another research team, Jarra’s role in their rescue puts her in the spotlight. No hiding at back of class now. To make life more complicated, she finds herself falling in love with one of her classmates – a norm from another planet. Somehow, she has to keep the deception going.

A freak solar storm strikes the atmosphere, and the class is ordered to portal off-world for safety – no problem for a real child of military parents, but fatal for Jarra. The storm is so bad that the crews of the orbiting solar arrays have to escape to planet below: the first landing from space in 600 years. And one is on collision course with their shelter.
Expected publication: August 16th 2012

This looks interesting ..

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?

Don't forget to check out my 500 Followers Giveaway!


17 comments:

  1. Earth Girl is on my to-read list too and I realyl can't wait for it :P The Meg Cabot book also sounds interesting. I actually enjoy reading Adult Fiction if the characters are college aged. Nice picks (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Earth Girl sounds AMAZING! I haven't heard of it before, but I definitely want to check it out now. And it comes out next month! Eep!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Earth Girl is new to me and sounds great. I need to read some more Meg Cabot too and this one sounds like it would do the trick!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, I've never heard of Earth Girl before but it definitely sounds like my kind of read so I'll be adding it to my tbr now, thanks! And I always hear such great things about that Meg Cabot series (and really any of her series) so I'll have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg Cabot rocks! She seriously does!!
    Great picks! I think both books sound really interesting. I hadn't heard of Earth Girl before, but I will definitley have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Meg Cabot! Awesome choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'd never heard of the second one. Awesome! There are two great picks! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :-)

    Ensconced in YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks, really like the sound of Earth Girl.


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Earth Girl sounds REALLY interesting! I can't wait for that one!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Reads to Reels

    Now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend is a HUGE Meg Cabbot fan just like you! One Day I need to read a book from her :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dying for Earth Girl! It was my wow a few months ago. It sounds awesome! I am a new Meg Cabot fan. I really love her stuff. I actually have the first Heather Wells book on my shelf but haven't read it yet. Thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Iron Prophecy by Julie Kagawa :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  14. These both look great! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! I have heard great things about the Heather Wells series and hopefully can pick it up soon. I have only read one Meg Cabot series but I loved it! Also Earth Girl sounds really interesting!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me and Meg Cabot are not really friends. Sorry but the last book I read by hers just plain bored me *don't sack me* Earth Girl is totally my book! Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic? I'm totally digging it!


    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Earth Girl sounds fantastic. The cover is absolutely beautiful. I love Meg Cabot. I think she is a great author. I haven't read any of the Heather Wells novels, but I think I may have to check them out. In writing, I don't believe she can do any wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...