Today I have the awesome Naj from http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/ here to talk about the awesomeness that is Half Blood!
Honestly speaking I’ve never actually thought I’d ever write a guest post about a specific topic other than the usual “guest post on a blog with a review” and on top of that I’ll be writing about my impatience for a certain purple shiny book and all its glory! Now, enjoy the five reasons why I can’t wait for ‘Half-Blood’ by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
1. The Author; I always had this concrete belief that anyone famous like a movie star, musician, artist, and author are people way up there that us ordinary folk can’t reach, let alone communicate with in a normal sense. That's where Indie Authors and some select authors are different. That's where Jennifer fits right in. She communicates, interacts and plain old has fun with us on twitter on the blog and wherever! I first liked her as a person before I even knew about her book and the book was an added plus for me!
2. The Teasers; Yep, if you haven’t noticed them. You should really check them out on Jennifer’s Blog! When I first found Jennifer’s blog, I started following and reading her posts (discretely) and months later my discovery lead me to find a very captivating teaser that made me even more anxious for Half-Blood. In my head I was like “AshFKASJFHSJAFS! I want the book NAAAAOW!” Authors love teasing us to their hearts delight!
3. The Story; Of course, every book is nothing without the plot and storyline and I just simply had to find out what Half-Blood’s all about. So I visited Goodreads and…
“The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: b
eing turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.”
I love me some forbidden love.
4. The Cover; Not every author has the ability to supply their books with amazing covers and such but despite knowing that I still judge a book by its cover. Its like eye candy on my shelf and Half-Blood has 2 elements I love in book covers. Purple & Surreality. 1. Purple is my favorite color and 2. I love things that are illustrated in art that seem dreamy and unreal. Just by writing this I can’t but help visualizing the paperback in my hands with its shiny cover and purpley awesomeness. *wipes drool off face* (I exaggerate too much :D)
5. And finally The Reviews; I’m the usual kind that gets caught in the sea of words that is word of mouth which is either on blogger, twitter or goodreads. I can’t help but read and see all those 5 stars and positive feedback about HB. I don’t usually care for reviews but if you constantly see them days in a row just popping up on your google reader it’s really hard to miss all the positive things being written about this book!
And because of these 5 reasons, I’m driven to a stark raving fan-girl who can’t wait/who is incredibly excited/who is very impatient to get her own copy of Half-Blood.
*hopes The Book Depository will be selling the book* It is Naj :P
Here ends my rant. Thanks Krazzyme for having me!
Come visit me at: http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/
Expected publication: October 18th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press
but It's available for order here:
Still not convinced(really?)
ALSO IF YOU'RE BROKE HALF THE TIME(like me) It's available for only $3.99 in ebook format!