Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Half Blood by Jennifer Armentrout


Half-Blood (Covenant #1)
 Blurb:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Source: E-ARC from Publisher


My Thoughts:
*WARNING:THIS REVIEW IS FULL OF RANTS, RAMBLINGS AND SWOONING*
In case you haven't already read the previous posts regarding this book,you can check them out here.

Nowadays,I've had to force myself to finish quite a few books.This book was a breath of fresh air! I didn't have to force myself to pick it up even ONCE! I read this book in ONE GO and I'm pretty sure my family was beginning to think that a) I'm a  zombie  or B)I'm insane 


Now lets discuss the characters....

Alex ,the main character is my HERO.If I had gone through even half the stuff she has, I would have had a mental breakdown.She doesn't back down,is stubborn and has a heart of gold.She also isn't a miniature Bella.Even though she might have a crush on *someone* she doesn't declare her undying love for the person at first sight! She also doesn't act like a total bimbo around ANY hotties.(YOU GO GIRL!) She's also very sarcastic.

Aiden,
AHHHHH...........
I have a very big crush on him already! He's understanding,tough,stubborn and VERY HOT! I am TEAM AIDEN ALL THE WAY!
I hear there's going to be a short story from Aiden's POV (CANNOT WAIT!) 
Now why am I in love with this guy?
Well.. for one he's not a jerk,second he tries to help out a troublesome half blood(even though half bloods are usually looked down upon) and the fact that he's a little uptight makes his character human and real.This trait also helps to add a little bit of humor to the story.

Seth
This is the only character in this book that  I'm not in love with.I assumed that  he would be  Alex's best friend and there would  be a love triangle between the best friend and the pure blood guy.I WAS WRONG(YAY!!!!!!!!!!) I can't tell you much about this character  as I might give away spoilers,but I can say that he could grow on me.

There were enough twists and turns to keep me on edge and the author doesn't waste any time in useless information and chatter.

I loved how the story was written and the pacing of this book.Jennifer Armentrout is a GENIUS.That's about the highest praise I can give her! I am ready to pledge lifelong allegiance to Jennifer Armentrout.

I could keep going on and on about this book but I don't want to bore you guys to death.

Overall,I think this book is AWESOME and I think everyone should beg/borrow/buy this book and read it.Also,the Ecopy is available only for $3.99(A STEAL!) . (Though I'll be buying a physical copy so that I can swoon over the lovely cover.)

My Rating:


(5/5)

READ IT ALREADY!

3 comments:

  1. I adored this book so much-it is hard to write a non-swoony review of it!! Cannot wait for Pure

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear nothing but good things about this book! I think Jennifer Armentrout is one author to look out for~ I need to read this soon! awesome review!

    Here's my Review of Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! Not only is its cover gorgeous but the whole thing was just amazingly written! :) Team Aiden here! xD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...