Friday, October 14, 2011

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent


My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1)
 Blurb:

She doesn't see dead people, but…
She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

Source:Borrowed from Friend

My thoughts:
I  actually gifted this book to a friend of mine and I wasn't planning on picking it up but Rachel (blogger) kept on gushing about this book and convinced me that this was one book I HAD to read.Also,the 5th book(If I Die) came out recently.
I really enjoyed this book.One thing that I really liked about this book was the fact that there was no love triangle(YET!) and it didn't follow all the cliche' s  of a paranormal romance.Actually I don't think I can qualify this as a paranormal romance as there's....
mystery
hot guys
murder
screaming
romance
reapers
cheerleaders
no unnecessary drama(like does he love me? OMG he didn't kiss me today etc.)
WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT IN A BOOK?

Now...let's get back to hot guys.Nash is a character I really liked(even though he has a weird name.)I fell in love with him very quickly ,though I's picked up this book because of Tod.He's such a supportive and understanding guy.He's HOT,sweet,nice and not pushy.We need more guys like him in the fictional world.
The other guy,Tod was barely present in this book but I loved his sarcastic comments(I WANT MORE!!!)

The protagonist,Kaylee was someone I  admired.She's self sacrificing and always tries to do the right thing.She's willing to put her life in danger for people she barely knows and you don't even think that she's perfect.Even when she's confused but she tries her best!


Something that I really liked about this book is the fact that the author doesn't make a BIG deal of every kiss .Also,Kaylee didn't fall head over heels in love with Nash at first sight(thank god!).She didn't even trust him! There were also no cheesy lines and the author had her priorities set right:After all,murder is always more important than a kissing scene!

The reason this book doesn't get 5 sparkling stars is the fact that the book started dragging in the end and parts of it seemed too rushed.

Overall,a book I would recommend and a book who's sequel I can't wait to get my hands on!

My Rating:    4.5/5

( LOVEEE!!!!!!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. I keep putting this one off as well I've had it on my shelf for months. I should really get into it though I'm sure I'd enjoy it. The characters sound really interesting and no love at first sight sounds very refreshing!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about this series but I still need to read it. However after reading your review I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got Volume 1 of this series (the bind up of the first three books) and i haven't bothered to pick it up yet. I'm definitely interested in reading it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good things about this series, I really want to read this so badly, I even have the first bind up on my shelf, but I need to shrink my library books pile, I hope I finish them soon.


    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if I wanted to read this book but after reading your review I am definitely going to be reading this one. It sounds like it could be a great read. Thank you for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...