Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: Obsidian


Obsidian (Lux #1)
 Blurb:
Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.
Release Date: December 6,2011

Source: Netgalley(Thank you Entangled Publishing!)


My Thoughts: 

This book can be described in one word......

HOT!

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I finished this book .

By no means is this as good as the awesomeness that is Half Blood but it comes pretty close. After reading this book I realized why I had  pledged lifelong allegiance to this author. All the things  that  Armentrout has written so far has been sooooo  good! 
So even though I'm rating this 4 stars it might have something to do with the fact that I had SKY-HIGH expectations.

I loved the hot chemistry between the protagonists! I loved it when they were fighting!The chemistry and the fights made this book steamy hot! (without even crossing that moral line )

Daemon Black is a welcome addition to the crush list.The best part about him is the fact that he's not EXACTLY a bad boy.After all a guy who goes to huge lengths to keep his sister safe cannot be classified as a bad boy,Can he? Also,he wasn't the "OMG,girl I'm in love with you but you're too good for me" types.I really liked that! His reactions and comebacks to Katy's sarcastic comments were great.

I also loved the fact that Katy loved books and the fact that she found them to be a welcome escape from her day to day activities as I could relate to that.I didn't think the fact that Katy was a blogger was a necessary/essential to this book .It was nice but  if the blogging thing is not mentioned in the next book I wouldn't miss it.There were some parts when for some reason I wasn't very happy with Katy but I forgot my irritation when she said something sarcastic (I love my sarcastic girls!)

One thing I didn't exactly understand is why Katy was so determined to be Dee's friend.It's not that I don't like Dee but I just couldn't understand why she wanted  to be Dee's friend,so badly.I think the reason the author gave for her fascination or determination wasn't convincing enough for me.

Another thing....
NO Love triangle guys(I Think.Was there a love triangle?I didn't think so but that could be because I was too lost in their hot chemistry)  

also NO cliffhanger (per say) but you'll still want to get your hands on the sequel badly!

Overall,a fun hot read with an interesting story.Fans of Jennifer Armentrout and hot guys should definitely pick this one up !

My Rating:                                                    4/5

HOT!


I must say Entangled Publishing is a publisher to keep your eyes on! Their book Touch ,is my pick of the month and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequels of this one and Touch :)

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! Daemon is totally on my crush list as well. He was such a jerk, but I was still way too into him for my own good. Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No love triangle ? Yipee ! Ugh, I hate those

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this main character is a blogger and that she loves books! Can't wait to read this one. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !

    I have to buy this book ! All the reviews I read about it are fabulous. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at HOT! haha. I love that Katy is a bookworm like us all, that's definitely something in a heroine that I can relate to... obviously! Also, Daemon.... whew. He sounds like a smexy jerk!

    Awesome review, this sounds like a smokin' read that I kinda need to get my hands on ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Obsidian. I can't wait to read the next installment. Great review.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so amazing! I haven't read any of the authors books yet but I have been hearing so many amazing things about them that I think I am going to have to pick them up soon! Thanks for the review!

    Tristan @ reviewsfromthehammock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this book! Can't get enough of Daemon! =) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youre review it's grate and I really, really want to read this book:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need read this book, after reading so many positive reviews, I hope that I can read it soon, and no love triangle? Yay! I hate those.
    Great review.


    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen Jennifer Armentrouts books everywhere but I have not had the chance to read any yet. I have heard great things. They are marked on my To read on Goodreads. I will have to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i love obsidian so much....daemon bvlack is a hotty ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...