Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday(27) December Edition





Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting! This week I am waiting on....
A lot of books that come out in December


Obsidian (Lux #1)
 blurb:
Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.
Expected publication: December 6th 2011 by Entangled Publishing

In case you missed the post in which I pledged lifelong allegiance to Jennifer Armentrout(it's here)Also,Daemon looks pretty hot .

Shattered Souls
 Blurb:
A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny and danger

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

Expected publication: December 8th 2011 by Philomel/Penguin
I read an awesome teaser from this novel at The Bookish Type's Tumblr and I can't get that teaser out of my head!


The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers
 Blurb:
When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants. 

Fans of Lauren Myracle, Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Meg Cabot will love this tale of breakups, friendship, new crushes, and magic. Told with wit and charm, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is sure to be one of this winter’s most irresistible reads!

Expected publication: December 27th 2011 by HarperCollins Canada / Other

This one sounds really good!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON? 


29 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! I've seen a few of these books tonight already. I'm glad I've stopped. Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! These 3 have been on my TBR for ages. Can't wait to read them ;)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all of these. RIGHT NOW. :D
    Great picks,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want all these books they sound great, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read all three of these! Great picks! And thanks for stopping by my WoW! <3

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I featured Secret Sisterhood as my WoW a couple of weeks ago. :D I can't wait to read it!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I totally forgot about Obsidian, that one sounds really good too! ;) Shattered souls too! Thanks for stopping by! And btw, I totally love your background! Wildefire was amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome picks! I read Obsidian last week and it is Fantastic!! You will love it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I am all over Obsidian! Thanks for the reminder!! and Shattered Souls looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks this week! I especially can't wait for Shattered Souls!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOO can't wait for all three of these :) I'm especially looking forward to Shattered Souls :D Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I NEED to get my hands on Obsidian!!! I haven't even read Half-Blood yet, but the way everyone gushes about Jennifer's books..... NEED. Plus, yes. Daemon is looking mighty fine ;) And it's out the day after my birthday! <3

    Sooo excited for Shattered Souls (gorgeous cover!) and The Secret Sisterhood of Heatbreakers aswell, they sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo I got to read Obsidian. It is so good. I'll be teasing it next week. AND I have a character interview coming soon. Good stuff!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh, I can't wait for Obsidian! I loved Half-Blood and cannot wait to read anything and everything Jennifer writes:) Awesome WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! We have a copy of Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers at work, but I never looked at it. I will now! And thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, there had better be some Beck and Riley love in Frogiven b/c I can't wait anymore either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obsidian was my last week's wow pick ;) can't wait to read that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am also really excited about this book. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    http://danicapage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome picks, Obsidian looks like it will be a great read. =]
    Thanks for visiting my WoW. =]
    Michael
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These all look great! I love the cover of Shattered Souls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo! Daemon's a hottie! Obsidian looks fun. Secret Sisterhood sounds icky in a way I must read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shattered Souls is very good, and your other two picks look awesome too. I'm just starting to read Half-Blood now and am looking forward to Obsidian. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. based on the synopsis alone,Daemon from Obsidian reminds me of Jace from Mortal Instruments.

    Anywho, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers sounds fun too !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Added Obsidian to the TBR list. How could I have not heard about this one before?
    Loving Shattered Souls, I can't wait to read that one as well (plus that cover is /gorgeous/!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shattered Souls is on my long wish list...sounds amazing. Can't wait to devour it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great minds think alike :) I'm waiting for all of these too and also featured The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers as one of my WoW picks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All these books look really great. I have not yet read anything by Jennifer Armentrout, but I just got Half-Blood and I'm really anxious to read it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of these looks amazing! I can't wait for Shattered Souls and I love the glittery cover of Sisterhood. I am about half-way through Half-Blood right now and I'm loving Jennifer Armentrouts writing style, so I'm sure Obsidian will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so incredibly excited for Shattered Souls and Obsidian, because I love anything that Jennifer L. Armentrout writes. She's a fantastic author and I know that Obsidian is going to be amazing. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My WoW!
    My Surprise Halloween Giveaway
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...