Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday(28)



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting! This week I am waiting on....


Hushed
Blurb:
He’s saved her. He’s loved her. He’s killed for her. 

Eighteen-year-old Archer couldn’t protect his best friend, Vivian, from what happened when they were kids, so he’s never stopped trying to protect her from everything else. It doesn’t matter that Vivian only uses him when hopping from one toxic relationship to another—Archer is always there, waiting to be noticed. 

Then along comes Evan, the only person who’s ever cared about Archer without a single string attached. The harder he falls for Evan, the more Archer sees Vivian for the manipulative hot-mess she really is. 

But Viv has her hooks in deep, and when she finds out about the murders Archer’s committed and his relationship with Evan, she threatens to turn him in if she doesn’t get what she wants… And what she wants is Evan’s death, and for Archer to forfeit his last chance at redemption.
Expected publication: December 6th 2011 by Entangled Publishing


The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation #1)
 Blurb:
Seraphina’s first love made her immortal…her second might get her killed.Incarnation is a new series that introduces a fresh mythology perfect for fans of bestselling series like The Immortals by Alyson Noel and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
After spending six hundred years on earth, Seraphina Ames has seen it all. Eternal life provides her with the world’s riches, but at a very high price: innocent lives. Centuries ago, her boyfriend, Cyrus, discovered a method of alchemy that allows them to swap bodies with other humans, jumping from one vessel to the next, taking the human’s life in the process. No longer able to bear the guilt of what she’s done, Sera escapes from Cyrus and vows to never kill again.
Then sixteen-year-old Kailey Morgan gets into a horrific car accident right in front of her, and Sera accidentally takes over her body. For the first time, Sera finds herself enjoying the life of the person she’s inhabiting—and falls for the human boy who lives next door. But Cyrus will stop at nothing until she’s his again, and every moment she stays, she’s putting herself and the people she’s grown to care for in great danger. Will Sera have to give up the one thing that’s eluded her for centuries: true love?
Expected publication: January 3rd 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Reason I can't wait for this one?
Please read the blurb! That is all...
Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
 Blurb:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. 

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.
Expected publication: November 15th 2011 by Harper/HarperCollins

I feel as if I'm the ONLY person  blogger who hasn't read this one but that could be because every blogger 's review for this title is 5/5.(and that makes me impatient)

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?



21 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me. These are good choices. Shatter Me was amazing. I loved it. It will be out in six days. It's worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shatter Me is definitely A MUST WAIT and MUST READ! You won't regret reading this book totally!

    Thanks for dropping by~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read Hushed sometime this month! It sounds so good & I got it from Netgalley! Now, SHATTER ME is BEYOND amazing!! That one you should read on..... NOV 15th! =)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choices - what can I say, all three are on my wishlist too :D Hushed sounds so good!

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel impatient for it too!!! And you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shatter Me is on my list too - looks so good!

    Our WOW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Hushed sounds intense! I want to smack Viv already and tell her to just leave poor Archer alone! I hadn't heard of that one before, but it's definitely on my "must have" list now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Waiting on Wednesday twins! ;) I haven't heard of Hushed but it sounds intriguing. And I know what you mean about Shatter Me, I HAVE read it, but even I notice everyone else has too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shatter Me was on my WOW a long time ago! I honestly can't wait to get my hands on this book!
    Hushed sounds interesting and I have been coming across it a lot this week!
    Check out my WOW
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Hushed sounds like a book I would enjoy - added it. I finished Shatter Me like 5 seconds ago and it is definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hushed looks super complicated lol I want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh fantastic picks! I'm on the tour for Hushed and really excited to read it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi *waves* new follower here =) Hushed looks great. I absolutely loved Shatter Me. It's definitely a different writing style & took a bit to get use to it but it didn't take away it added more to the story for me! Excelent picks this week!!! Here is my WOW if you'd like to check it out!
    http://creativereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! Just the other day I added Hushed to my TBR list, it sounds so cool and mysterious! The Alchemy of Forever seems awesome as well, a really refreshing main idea! Plus, I ADORE the cover! And Shatter Me is a must, definitely! Just one week to go, wohoo *jumps around the room*

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blurb on Hush just made me sad. I don't know if I could read the whole thing. On the other hand, I can't WAIT to read Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh! The Alchemy of Forever sounds really good; I've never heard of it before. And yes, I cannot wait for Shatter Me either! :) Seems like everyone...who isn't me, has read the book already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Alchemy of Forever sounds REALLY interesting. I love that the main character is not super squeaky clean and exists as a morally gray character. Those characters, to me, are always the most compelling. Great picks and thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am dying of anticipation for Alchemy of Forever! I just started Shatter Me and I'm loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these are great picks, I really want to read Shatter Me it sounds so good!!!

    - Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Shatter Me! thnx god is coming out next weeK!!! =9
    thnx for stopping b ymy blog! muah!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hushed sounds creeptastic, I mean a murderous boy out to please his friend O_O And The Alchemy of Forever = *jaw drops* I want to read this so very badly! It sounds just crazysauce. And, unfortunately, you aren't the only blogger who hasn't read Shatter Me!):

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...