Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: OMG WANT NOW Edition



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting! This week I am waiting on....
These awesome titles ALL of which I WANT TO READ NOW!


 Blurb:
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird... 

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. 

Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts. 

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with. 

To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly—against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.

Expected publication: February 28th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

Look at that cover! Look at that blurb!Aren't you dying to read it already???

Struck

Blurb:
Mia Price is a lightning addict. She’s survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her. 

Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities, populated by millions of homeless. Downtown is a wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the attendees drawn to the destruction by a magnetic force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power in the wake of the disaster, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing prophecies. They know she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the worse storm that is yet to come. 

Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but he’s hiding a more sinister truth. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must unleash the full horror of her strength to save them all.

Expected publication: May 8th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux BYR

This book had me at lightening addict!

Blurb:
Waking up in a coffin hungry for blood is only the beginning for sixteen-year-old Ava Blue. When Chance Caldon, the hottie who dug her up, tells her that she’s half vampire, Ava’s world really turns upside down. 

Half vamp? Ava can’t believe it...she doesn't even know what that means! Not until Aldric, a thousand-year-old vampire, shows up and tells her it’s true--and that he’s the one who turned her. Then Ava truly begins to believe what she is. Now, she has to deal with a sudden and powerful bloodlust, the desire to see Aldric dead, and her growing crush for Chance. Ava knows she's a monster now, she can feel it; and her life is over. 

But redemption isn’t lost. Aldric is giving her a chance to regain her humanity. The price? Kill a hundred vampires, or remain a bloodsucker forever. 

So Ava sets out to get her life back. But killing vampires begins a battle that could destroy everything she is working toward. In the end, Ava's decisions will forever change her life and the lives of those she loves.
Expected publication: April 24th 2012 by Pendrell Publishing
I haven't given up on Vampires yet! Plus,this one sounds DIFFERENT!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?



20 comments:

  1. Oh my we picked the same book! UNDEADLY!!! I can't wait for this one, I hope February comes soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm really excited to read Undeadly!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of these look good, got 'em on my wishlist too! I'm really looking forward to Blood Born - I love that opening line in the blurb about waking up hungry in a coffin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all fantastic picks! I wish there had been that kind of selection when I was younger. I'm surprised at how my YA fiction I read at my age, but it's more inventive most of the time than the adult counterparts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks my dear!
    thsnkffor stopping by ^^

    have a great day! ^.^

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! They all look interesting but Undeadly looks like it could be so amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Struck and Undeadly were on my to be read list already because I couldn't just stop looking at them. And never heard of Blood Born but does sound like my type of book.

    Thanks for commenting on ours.
    -Emilia @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  8. STRUCK sounds uber-awesome. I can't wait for it either. Great picks :)

    Stop by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I haven't heard of any of these, but they look sooo good.

    New Follower :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Undeadly looks awesome. I added to my ever growing Goodreads list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Undeadly has a summary now... it didn't before. Thanks for coming to Death Books and Tea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blood born sounds so interesting it's got me curious, nice selection. Click on my name to see my pick. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices! I already have Undeadly & Blood Born on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab Wow!! Loving the sound of this one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. *LUSTS* I'm dying to read all of these! Struck is ridiculously high on my 2012 wishlist, it sounds so flipping good and cover is BADASS. Undeadly had me at reapers and I can't want to see what new twists Blood Born brings to vamps. CAN WE HAVE THESE NOW, PLEASE?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some great books here! I love the covers for Undeadly and Struck. They both have really really interesting sounding storylines, too. Great picks!

    Feel free to check out my YA WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've chosen some awesome books here! I'm especially intrigued by Undeadly and Struck. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some seriously awesome books.. Especially the first one, Undeadly, sounds like something I would enjoy! Thanks for spotlighting these great upcoming releases! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks, all of these sounds amazing, especially Struck!

    - Thnaks for stopping by Fantasy's Ink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Undeadly sounds sooooo good! I like the cover! I think it's beautiful!

    Struck is a nice cover too! I've seen it a few times. The story sounds very good!

    Blood Born sounds good! I like the cover. It's another Vamp book, so that's a plus.

    Too bad I no longer read YA Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. But I would like to visit your blog!! Header is awesomeeeeee!!

    Awesome choice!!! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...