Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Crash Into You

Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3)

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes the explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane. 

The girl with straight A's, designer clothes, and the perfect life - that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. 

One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker - a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks - no matter how angelic she might look. But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

Source: Publisher (Thanks MiraINK!) and Netgalley (Thanks HarlequinTEEN!)


US COVER . *SWOOOOON*

My Thoughts:

I love Katie McGarry I really do but I have to say that Dare You To wasn't as good as Pushing The Limits. Crash Into You is better than the second but not as good as the first in my opinion. Unfortunately now that we've read the first two books in the series it seems as if the books have conformed to that specific formula. Dare You To kept your attention because you expected something different. Crash Into You does not stray from the main formula due to which it causes some fatigue in the reader in the beginning but the author introduces concepts that really fascinated me in this book. I was fascinated by the drag racing and cars aspect of this novel. It added something new and exciting to the novel. 

Isaiah is a fascinating character. I loved reading the chapters which were from his point of view. I always liked him a lot. He seemed like the most decent of the Noah-Beth-Isaiah trio and he is. I like seeing books in which nice guys prevail. I mean he's tattooed and messed up but he's not an @$$ . He pays his debts (Game of Thrones reference :P)

Rachel is a character I have mixed feelings about. Sometimes she came off as whiny. I mean she's a rich kid. Sometimes her problems just seemed insignificant compared to Noah. But sometimes I could really relate to the kid. It's not easy standing up for yourself . There's this scene near the end that I really loved because she shone through in it.

I loved the family dynamic in this. I loved the scenes in which the scenes in which Rachel's family was being adorably normal. The seven brothers dynamic was very interesting.

The plot is interesting and the story manages to hold your attention. I'm not sure about the characters on which the sequel is going to be based on but it is Katie McGarry and her books are addictive so I will read it. I hope she writes something different though , I want to read something different from her now that completely breaks this series established 'rules'.

Overall, this book is interesting and much better than it's predecessor in my opinion. 


My Rating:


3.5/5

Almost a four, though. 



What are your thoughts? 





8 comments:

  1. I really want to start this series, I have heard way too many good things about it not to, I just need to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book, and I love this series, but I think for me its the weaker one of the series. I agree that Rachel at times annoyed me, but I was looking forward to reading about another part of Katie's family of characters. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoyed the family dynamics in this novel, though I did feel a little let-down from the romance overall. Not my favorite McGarry read by a long-shot, but still oh-so fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these! I hope she writes something a bit different for you in the future, but that's great you love her writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My feelings on this are similar to yours. I loved Isaiah, and the racing. The stuff with Rachel and her family bothered me. And I'm not super excited for West's book. I really do enjoy McGarrys writing.
    Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked this more than Dare You To! I think I liked it a little less myself, I guess because of what you mentioned about things being formulaic. But I still find Katie McGarry's writing pretty addictive and look forward to Take Me On. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened to the cover? It looks different now. I kept seeing this around and am tempted to read it. But still got so many books to read. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something about her books always seems so very false to me! I mean, I read them, sure, but they never ring true. And yet, I keep going back for yet another mediocre experience.
    Great review

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...