Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Blurb That Did Not Disappoint (A review of Prison Healer by Lynette Noni)

 

The Prison Healer (The Prison Healer, #1)The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You know a book is good when you remember to write a review close to the release date!

Prison Healer was a book that intrigued me because of its blurb. I mean how GREAT is the blurb!

For once, the blurb did not disappoint.

Kiva is in a real prison. She doesn't expect to get out and as readers we feel her hopelessness and we don't expect a prison heist or a knight in shining armour to rescue her. That's what really made me love this book. It focuses on setting the scene and builds all the characters very well.Before you know it, you're invested!



I'm invested in Kiva's journey and I want to know what happens next. I also enjoyed the elemental challenges.

Reminded me of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.



Basically, this book ticked all the boxes:

* Strong Characters
*Great World Building
* Prison/Dystopian Setting
* Fantasy+ Magic+ Romance
* Right amount of mystique and mystery
* An ending I did not see coming
* A romance that did not make me cringe

One thing that really impressed me about this book is how it managed to surprise me at the end. I don't want to spoil anyone but a lot of stuff happens that really took me by surprise.



Overall, I cannot wait for the sequel.

The only reason this is not getting a 5 is because I don't see myself re-reading the book, but I came very close to giving it a 5. Definitely worth a read!

My Rating: 4.25 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...