Saturday, June 4, 2011

Authors from A-Z Challenge:A

Proud book nerd is hosting a very interesting challenge throughout the month of June and I thought I'd join in.

How it works

It starts on June 1. Basically, just share your favorite authors in alphabetical order (by last name).One letter  in one post each day, going through the alphabet. (Remember to skip Sundays.)

What’s the point?

Mostly to have fun. Also, to use this as an opportunity to acquaint others with some of my favorite authors.


I know I'm joining in a little late but I guess I'll make up for it by posting on Sundays and they do say....better late than never.

So ...


A=Alcott

One of my favourite authors is Louisa May Alcott.I am not a major fan of the Little Women series but I love Eight Cousins and Rose In bloom.These books made my childhood special.
Eight Cousins
Life with seven boy cousins isn't quite what Rose expected. Left an orphan after her father's death, Rose Campbell is sent to live at the "Aunt Hill" with her six aunts and seven rowdy boy cousins. For someone who is used to a girl's boarding school, it all seems pretty overwhelming. Her guardian, Uncle Alec, makes her eat healthy things like oatmeal, and even tries to get her to give up her pretty dresses for drab, sensible clothes. Will Rose ever get used to her uncle's crazy notions and all her noisy relatives?




This book was hilarious (when I read it ) and I found it to be heartwarming.I happened to pick up this book by chance at a book fair.I definitely wouldn't have picked it up if I had known it was written by Alcott(I wasn't a big Little Women fan at that time).This book caught me by surprise and the sequel (Rose in Bloom)was just as good as this book.






So there you have it,my first post in this challenge! tune in tomorrow for the letter B.
























Who is your favorite author whose name starts from the letter A? 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how it happened, but I managed to make it through school – including getting a degree in English (lit) – without having read any Alcott! It's something I intend to remedy – eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...