Monday, October 8, 2012

Review : Awry by Chelsea Fine


 BLURB CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK #1

Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes...love is the death of you....

Seventeen-year-old Scarlet has just died. Only, dying isn't unusual for a girl under a centuries old curse that left her semi-immortal. 

This time, though, she comes back to her current life instead of awaking in a new one, and she realizes the curse is changing. Together with the immortal Archer brothers, Scarlet must piece together her life and try to break the curse before her impending death comes again.


Source: Author (for an honest review!)

My Thoughts:
I really liked this book. If you loved Anew ,you need to pick this book up NOW! Because it does get better!

Much,MUCH better!

I for one was very curious about how Tristan,Gabriel and Scarlet had  met.Chelsea Fine tells us how all the characters first came to know about each other.Some of the questions answered in  this novel..

Why did Tristan jump in front of Scarlet to save her life?
Why does Scarlet feel a connection with Tristan?
Is Gabriel in love with Scarlet?
Is Scarlet in love with Gabriel?
Is Scarlet in love with Tristan?
Is Tristan in love with Scarlet?
Is the curse changing?
What were Gabriel,Scarlet and Tristan's lives like before they were cursed and found out that they were immortals?
and many many more

I formed a real bond with all the characters in this novel because I finally understood what kind of relationships they had with each other and what kind of people they were before the curse.

The author introduced us to these characters before the curse in flashbacks and I LOVED the flashbacks! I feel as if I know Tristan,Gabriel and Scarlet much better now and I'm dying to know what happens with them next.

Tristan you're such a cool guy! (I'm Team Tristan if you didn't know!)
This is me hugging you > >


I can't find the image source now..I do not own this image!

You deserve better Tristan! I felt so sorry for you after seeing what you've been through in this novel!

I liked Scarlet much more in this novel too.She's growing on me! 

I think I forgot to mention this in my review of the first book but I LOVE HEATHER! She's such an awesome character! If I'm ever stuck in a situation like Scarlet's I wouldn't want any other friend except for Heather. 

Nate was an awesome character too! Heather and Nate made me laugh and smile throughout the novel.These secondary characters were great.

The story was unpredictable and the pacing was great too! The author shocked me with the various twists and turns and I couldn't put this book down! At the end I wanted more!

Fortunately , this book doesn't really end with a killer cliffhanger but I'm dying to read what happens next!

Overall,if you haven't checked out this series you need to check it out now! It's only for $3.99 on kindle and this book is totally worth the money! This book is written by a fantastic indie author and I think it's made of AWESOME!

My Rating:
4/5

Need the next book!



5 comments:

  1. I haven't read Anew, so I skimmed your review. I'm glad you are enjoying the series. I must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of "who's in love with whom" questions! This series isn't one I've heard a lot about, but I have to make a confession: I'm in love with the name Tristan. Always have been. So I'm Team Tristan already:) And now I want to give him a hug and I don't even know what happens to him in this book! I clearly need to read and find out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to read this series for a while now and I'm glad to hear the second book is as good as the first!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I barely skimmed your review because I have the first book on my kindle already. It's good to hear this one's better than the first though, I will keep that in mind when I read the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for a fantastic post about an amazing book, that i am definately adding to my to read list (it looks increadible and the plot sounds so origonal). Thank you for this! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...