Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: Introductions by C.L.Stone

Introductions (The Academy #1)
by C.L. Stone 

 With an agoraphobic mother and a barely-there father, Sang abhors the isolation keeping her in the shadows. The only thing Sang craves is a fresh start and to be accepted as ordinary by her peers, because for her being different meant being cast out alone.

When her family moves to a new school district, Sang infiltrates a group of boys nearly perfect in every way. Grateful for an influence outside of her parents’ negativity, she quickly bonds with the boys, hoping to blend in and learn from them what it means to have a natural relationship with friends.

Only the boys have secrets of their own and they’ll do anything to keep her safe from the knowledge of the mysterious Academy that they've sworn allegiance to. Bit by bit, Sang discovers that her friends are far from the normalcy she expected. Will her loyalty change when she's forced to remain in the dark, or will she accept that she's traded one house of secrets for another?

Meet Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North in a story about differences and loyalty, truth and mystery, friendships and heart-throbbing intimacy.

The Academy, ever vigilant.


Source:Netgalley ( Thanks Arcato Publishing !) 

My Thoughts:

I usually give a star rating to the books I read but I have VERY mixed feelings about these books.I didn't hate them and I didn't like them either.These books cannot be tagged as 2stars/3stars etc. These are NOT negative reviews.These are my thoughts.....

I can't rate this book. I can find SO MANY faults with this book but I'm still dying to read the sequel. I guess I would put this under my guilty pleasure books tab in goodreads because I just couldn't stop reading this book and I have no idea why! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it has seven hot guys in it. 

You heard me ... SEVEN guys.

The plus point of this book is that there isn't a love triangle/heptagon yet and the male characters are different and draw you to the story.Each of the male characters is intriguing.The characters are just introduced in this book but I can't wait to find out more about them.

My main problem with this story so far has to be the main character.I have mixed feelings towards Sang. She's too naive,trusting and pretty much a walking cliche but I still pity her and can't seem to hate her.I think I might have liked this story much more if it was told in dual POV or from somebody else's point of view.Also, I don't like how some "issues" are being handled in this book.

The plot is interesting yet confusing at the same time.I noticed that not much happens in this book. The book's title isn't misleading at all it just introduces us to the characters and hints at some mysterious secret.I'm pretty sure the main story hasn't started yet.

Overall, I have no idea how to rate this because I couldn't put this book down no matter how much it frustrated me.I think the next book will help me decide whether this series is any good or not.

5 comments:

  1. I love that at least so far, there isn't a love triangle! I am sorry it frustrated you but sometimes that isn't always a bad thing. ;)
    Nice review!
    http://myguiltyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohoo you had me at seven hot guys. After that I was lost. Really? I need to read this one just because I probably won't sleep at night if I don't. It's really funny how you get annoyed by the book but at the same time you need to suffer more and read a sequel. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like this story even with it's faults really got to you. Especially if you want to pick up the sequel. 7 guys?! I can barely handle a love triangle let alone 7 guys. I think I'll pass on this one for now. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah… this is why I can't assign stars! It's so hard unless I absolutely love the book…
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. This books sounds great. Who wouldn't want to live with 7 guys? Where can I sign up? :) And they have distinctive personalities? That's hard to write since there are so many of them.

    I just might check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...