Monday, August 26, 2013

Movie Trailers: Divergent,The Book Thief and Vampire Academy !!!

So I was planning to do a post about the Divergent teaser and the Book Thief trailer but then MTV released the first trailer of Divergent! 
I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE the awesomeness that is the trailers!!!

First the TEASE

Now the TRAILER
Get More: 

OMFG !!! Right??!! RIGHT??

About the Book
Blurb:
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Here's the trailer of 
THE BOOK THIEF



I haven't read the book but the book blurb sounds great


HERE IS A SMALL FACT - YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. 
1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier. Liesel, a nine-year-old girl, is living with a foster family on Himmel Street. Her parents have been taken away to a concentration camp. Liesel steals books. This is her story and the story of the inhabitants of her street when the bombs begin to fall. 
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION - THIS NOVEL IS NARRATED BY DEATH. 
It's a small story, about: a girl, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. 
ANOTHER THING YOU SHOULD KNOW - DEATH WILL VISIT THE BOOK THIEF THREE TIMES







Last but not the least...
Here is the Teaser Trailer of Vampire Academy


Now I think I had read the first book in the series a while back and I don't remember any of this happening. Maybe they're combining what happens in multiple books or maybe I've just forgotten..

About the Book 
St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger...

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.








WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE 

TRAILERS??

(exclamations and screams are accepted responses)

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Divergent's trailer and have no issues with it. I think this movie is going to rock whether it's thanks to great production, Kate Winslet or Maggie Q OR the hotness that is Theo James lol. I doubt that VA will be big, the trailer isn't that good in my opinion. I haven't read The Book Thief either, but I really enjoyed the trailer and will definitely go watch it when it comes out:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to note how differently each book is getting advertised in their respective movies. The Divergent movie has some cool action movie music, and the colors are so much colder, harsher for the dystopian feel. Love that! Buuuut I'm not a fan of the Chosen One taglines they're going for. I liked the aspect of choice in the series more than the whole I'm-different-don't-define-me part. Plus, I'm not sure they really gave you much of a feel for the plot. If you hadn't read the book, would you know what's going on except that there's action and that one girl is different and that could be dangerous? So what? Who's she fighting? Why should we care? Anyway. Still definitely going to watch the movie, and I think that it has the greatest chance of success for YA book adaptations...

    I too haven't read the Book Thief, but the trailer was so haunting! I loved the music in it and well... a few years back, I had read the first few pages of the book and wasn't super interested, but now I really, really want to go back to that book! You're right: the blurb is great! To me, this movie looks like it's the best produced judging by the trailers.

    The VA movie. It's trying to be so different from other PNRs - the comedic feel with the music - I still don't quite know how I feel about it. I'll still see it - actually I'll probably see all three of these movies - but I don't know o.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!! They look really good. I just hope the movies don't spoil the books! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good trailers. I am super excited for Vampire Academy, and hope they do it well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divergent looks so good!! I CAN.NOT.WAIT.ANY.LONGER!! I'm a bit disappointed with VA trailer - to much kissing. I hope the movie will be amazing. Also The Book Thief looks so good. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent looks good. I'm the biggest fan of VA so I'm really excited about the movie even though as time passes I keep thinking it will bomb. Hope that doesn't happen. I still haven't read The Book Thief. I'm a bit scared to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to watch Divergent, it looks awesome! I also want to watch The Book Thief and Vampire Academy, but it would be better if I read the books first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...